'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone

SIGN UP FOR THE READ SCOTLAND 2015 CHALLENGE ON LEFT SIDEBAR!


Monday, July 21, 2014

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is a place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. You can link up your new books or just browse the links to see what everyone else got last week!

These three came in the mail last week. Yummy!

Read about this series on a Facebook post. Vintage mystery with humor. Had to have one. Found it at paperbackswap.com

The Taste of Murder by Joanna Cannan
Read about Ms. Cannan's daughter's books over @ Pining for the West (by way of a Molly Keane post!) which got me thinking about Cannan's books. I have Death at the Dog and enjoyed it so I went in search of another one of hers!

The Woman who Walked into the Sea by Mark Douglas-Home
Loved the first book in this series, The Sea Detective.

I also got several free Kindle mysteries...
The Trowie Mound Murders by Marsali Taylor
Five Six Pick Sticks by EJ Lamprey
Beyond Evidence by Emma L. Clapperton

Pretty good week all in all! Of course the grandkids are here so I don't get to read as much as usual. 

What did you get in your mailbox?

Peggy Ann




23 comments:

  1. My granddaughter is with me two days/week and I don't get much reading on those days but we sure have fun! I hope your new books are all wonderful reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Woman who Walked into the Sea by Mark Douglas-Home sounds good. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really looking forward to that one, Serena!

      Delete
  3. Three good mysteries, looks like. Hope you like them all!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I will Harvee! Thanks for stopping over.

      Delete
  4. All of your books look good but the one that catches my eye is The Woman Who Walked into the Sea. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's half as good as the first in the series it will be really good, Kathy!

      Delete
  5. I love mysteries, they all sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely am interested in The Woman Who Walked Into the Sea. Looks intriguing.

    A series, huh? Will check out both books. Both titles sound good.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First one was very good, Elizabeth!

      Delete
  7. I'm not familiar with any of these. Enjoy your grandkids!

    2 Kids and Tired Books MM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great assortment of mysteries! Have fun with the grandkids and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like some good mystery reading coming up for you -- enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Woman Who Walked into the Sea has a beautiful cover and sounds terrific!!

    Enjoy your grandkids! I have my youngest two this week and next.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I concur on "The Sea Detective," which I loved, too. Especially compelling to me was the protagonist's investigation of his grandfather's disappearance during WWII. Also, the reader got the feel for the Scottish islands and the isolation of its inhabitants and how difficult was life for them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have "The Woman who Walked into the Sea," and haven't yet read iit, and look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.