'I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.' L.M. Montgomery

'There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books.' Irving Stone


Monday, February 3, 2014

Revised Monday's Muddle

Superbowl has come and gone. The team I was rooting for, Seattle Seahawks, won! Almost a shut-out! Broncos only scored one touchdown the whole game. 43-8! What happened to that offense?! Seattle's defense is unsurpassed:)

I made Buffalo Chicken Dip for game munchies. Yummo! It's addictive. There are many versions on Pinterest. I'll put how I made it at the bottom of the post.

My very favorite commercial was this one for the Chevy Silverado. That's one sexy eligible batchelor, don't you think? Romance, baited breath and be sure to catch that tongue action towards the end!  And of course the Budweiser one is always the best! It's been around online before the Superbowl so you probably already saw it, but just in case... Puppy Love - those horses are magnificent! And thumbs up to the Cheerios ad! Good for them not backing down to negativity towards the interracial family!

Reading: I got 7 books read in January.

Sisters of the Bruce 1292-1314, J.M. Harvey
The Truth of Stone, David Shaw Mackenzie
Murder on Clam Pond, Douglas Kiker
The White Bird Passes, Jessie Kesson
Hide My Eyes, Margery Allingham
The Cabinetmaker, Alan Jones
A Red Herring without Mustard, Alan Bradley

I think I enjoyed Murder on Clam Pond the most, but my top 3 favorites were Murder on Clam Pond, The Truth of Stone and The Cabinetmaker. I am feeling a little stressed about all the 'challenges' I joined this year. I'm not very good at 'scheduling' my books. I like to read whatever hits me at the moment. I thought the Mount TBR would inspire me to read whats on my shelves and maybe it will before the year is out. I was thinking about opting out of all but the Read Scotland, but I think I'll just let things be and if I complete them I complete them, if I don't, well, I don't. I think I'm going to try to read The Scot's Quair in February.

Birthdays! January and February are full of them around our house. Granddaughter 1/14, son - 1/21, and brother - 1/31 in January and son, daughter-in-law and grandson in February. Three of those are consecutive days! Lee - 2/2, Stephanie (DIL)- 2/3 and me 2/4. Then we are done until the 11th and that's grandson, Ian's. Whew! I'll be glad when March gets here!
p.s. I'll be 56 this year!

This week I have a couple of doctor's appts. to take my brother, Donald, to. Wednesday night he has to stay over at the hospital for a sleep study. I have to have him there by 8pm and pick him up the following morning at 5:30! A snow storm (6+ inches) with some ice too was expected to move in late Wednesday and I was fairly worried about it, but as of this mornings edition of weather it is coming in Tuesday night and will be done by midday Wednesday! I'm feeling much better about the 5:30am pick up! Donald sleeps too much. Can't seem to keep him awake. They want to rule out apnea first. I think it is connected with an episode he had a couple of months ago. We thought he must have had a small stroke, but I'm leaning towards not now. We couldn't wake him up then for a good 24 hrs. Hopefully they get to the bottom of it soon.

Looking forward to a little getaway we have planned for March! Reservations are made in the Boone, North Carolina area. Fireplace and indoor pool! I see lots of reading and scrabble playing going on! We are thinking about retiring in North Carolina so this will give us an opportunity to have a look around the area. The boss man said a resounding NO to Maine or Scotland and I said NO to Florida, so I guess North Carolina will be okay as long as it's on the west side of the state. I love the mountains!

Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 cans of chicken (or 1 1/2 -2 cups of cooked chicken diced up small)
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup ranch dressing
1/2 - 1 cup of Frank's hot sauce, depending on how much heat you like!

Cream the cream cheese, ranch dressing, and hot sauce. Stir in the chicken. Cook in a 350* oven for 15-20 minutes in a greased casserole dish.

Serve warm or cold with tortilla chips!
I am off to write a letter for the post today for the Month of Letters! Hope you are having a great Monday.


Make a great week,

Peggy Ann

9 comments:

  1. Well done - and thank you for tipping me off about the Cabinetmaker. Hopefully I will get to it soon! Good luck for February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your Monday post...hopefully everyone will get picked up and home safe and soundly...

    We get listings from Asheville...NC...it's a place we are really interested in...maybe we will see you there! Lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can go out to dinner sometime, Patty!

      Delete
  3. We've stayed in Boone a couple of times and absolutely love the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, Cath! I've spent time a little more west across the Mts. but not in the Boone area. Looking forward to it.

      Delete
  4. Buffalo Chicken Dip was my contribution to our Super Bowl party, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I read that right? Today's your birthday? Happy Birthday! We have a lot of February birthdays, too: my oldest niece on 2/2, my youngest niece on 2/10, one of my nephews-in-law on 2/11, and my late father's was 2/21. We usually have a group party, like we do in August for the August and September birthdays.

    Good luck with your brother's test. Be careful driving. Even if the storm is over, the roads may be icy that early in the morning.

    I envy you your scrabble-playing, book reading break in March. You deserve a relaxing vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you.